Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Breaking Boundaries


Part of the reason for me starting this blog is to inspire other, women, men, Arabs, Latinos, all kinds of people from all walks of life, to follow their dreams & know that: YOU CAN DO IT. It doesn’t matter what you r dream is, there is always a way. Being from a conservative Muslim Arab country it’s not really encourages or accepted for women to pursue certain things.  In my life I have learned that we are all truly equal, no matter of status, religion, color, sexual orientation, or belief. We are all given the same chance in life & it’s about what you do with it!

Through my research, I have noticed there are hardly any Arab triathletes. One inspiration to me has been Faris Al- Sultan who is an Iraqi-German triathlete.  Another very inspiring triathlete is Manny Huerta who is of Cuban Origin and came to America at age 6 and will be competing in the Olympics this summer 2012 for team USA. 

My goal is to encourage other minority groups to follow what they believe is true, fight for their dreams, whether it’s a young Arab woman in Saudi Arabia who wants to drive someday, an Argentinean yogi who follows her inner peace, but for myself as a strong Arab women I will one day complete an Ironman. Go ahead & find your inner strength. 

"I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something;
and because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."
~ Helen Keller ~

"A man who stands for nothing,
will fall for anything!"
~ Malcolm X ~