Thursday, January 10, 2013

Today I am grateful


 
"Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude." —Ralph Waldo Emerson

 
Today a very smart & beautiful friend shared her insecurities with me. If you could only see this woman she is what every women dreams of being & yet she is strong on the outside & fragile & insecure on the inside. What makes us feel this way?

Many would blame it on media images, plastic surgery, upbringing, surrounding, abusive relationships and much more.  I have see this over & over in my life & I have lived and felt it myself. Till I have learned to consciously be grateful and pay gratitude to the many things in my life. It is a work on progress and like anything self love needs to be practiced.

The beauty in this world is that we are all different, we speak different languages we look different our physical sizes are different, our hearts are different and so are our tastes, but most importantly I feel, as long as you love yourself no one can show you true love. The key is to love yourself the way you wish someone would love you.

Why yoga is so great, its because for the time you are practicing yoga on your mat you are leaving all this negative energy away and you are opening you heart to inner self to true self love. Unconditional self love that connects the true you to this physical body we live in every day. We are all perfect in our own way. The key is remembering that. For me I have had to verbally acknowledge my gratitude’s daily in order to remember and strengthen my own self love. 

Remember start your day by setting an intention for your day & acknowledging your gratitudes!

Namaste