Thursday, June 28, 2012

Balancing Act



About a week ago a wonderful puppy Welch Corgi came into my life, at a very inconvenient time, but the best things in life happen unexpectedly. I’ve always wanted a Corgi, but I’m also a big believer in adoption and saving a little life. Funny thing, that’s how little Marley came into my life. He came 3 weeks before my first half Ironman and changed everything. 

This past week I have slacked off completely. Since I have been busy helping my pup adjust to me & his new life, I have not swam once in the am since me & Marley take our morning walks at 5 am, and then we like to play ball & relax and have our breakfast. The thing is, I’m not even stressed about my TRI. Sometimes things happen & it interrupts your training & that’s OK. Life is about enjoying the moments & events you come around. It’s all about the experience!