Monday, June 4, 2012

Success & Empowering Yourself


In order to have success you must have meaningful goals. The more meaningful your goals are the better. First get to know who you are and what’s important to you. Take the time to connect with your inner true self and find out what motivates you and what you’re true intentions are. Once you have established a goal, now what is success to you and how do you succeed?
 
 What is your personal life Philosophy?  Knowing and understating your own personal values and goals & philosophy is your personal guidance to life. Whether you are aware of it or not.

Take Charge of your life.

What motivates you?  This is definitely a very personal question. But knowing where you are headed makes the road much easier.

Self motivation: For me I have found that reading inspirational book (there is a list below if some great books) and surrounding myself with people who inspire me helps. I also have a personal motivational board with goals, plans & pictures that helps me remember. A friend of mine did this motivational picture of me so I can be my own self motivation. It’s important to picture your own success- just like my picture. This way you can see how far you've come and where you want to be.

 

Accountability: Whether it‘s self accountability of partner(s), make the commitment to be accountable yourself& if you need get help. A friend of mine & I have chosen to support each other through accountability meetings we meet once a week to “check-in” with each other and make sure we are progressing and doing what we need to in order to succeed.
 
Books I’ve enjoyed:
My all time favorite Matt Long- The Long Run
Lance Armstrong- It’s not about the Bike. My journey back to life.
Dean Karnazes: Ultra Marathon Man & Run!
Brian Boyle & Bill Katovsky- Iron Heart
Kristine Armstrong: Mile Markers
Christopher McDougall - Born to Run
Dick Hoyt- Devoted
Chris McCormack – I’m here to Win
Chrissie Wellington- A life without Limits
John L. Parker- Once a Runner

Let your journey lead you to your own personal success…