Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Mind & Body Need Rest


In August I got to complete a very special triathlon, my family for the first time was able to be there & that meant the world to me! After completing my Olympic triathlon in August, I really felt that my body was depleted.  So I took a few weeks off & then began running again & training for my next half marathon which was the Boston Half in September. I really didn’t train much for it, but I must say it was the most fun & beautiful half marathon I have ever done! The view of the ocean was amazing weather was perfect the event support was like nothing I have ever experienced, but the best part is I got to run it with my amazing best friend Katy! 

After that run I took a whole 6 weeks off. I’m not saying don’t be active at all, just do something different so you don’t burn out physically mentally & emotionally.  I kept doing yoga and took long walks, but other than that the past 6 weeks have been time for rest, rebuild & revitalize.

I ran for the first time in 6 weeks yesterday & man I felt like I could accomplish the world, the first couple of miles are always the toughest I say but once I got going I felt like I could accomplish anything in life! I love that feeling & that is why I run! I feel more alive than I ever have and so excited for the next chapter/year of my life!

“The highest spiritual practice is self-observation without judgment.” –Swami Kripalu

Every day start your day by telling yourself, “Life is beautiful because of you.” I am so grateful for my wonderful supportive family and friends I am surrounded with! 

The light in me, bows to the light in you.