First off, Congratulations on completing week 1! Less than 3 to go!
We need salt in our diet, no question about it, it’s just how much salt is good and when does too much becomes bad for us.
Let’s start by educating ourselves why salt is needed & how to balance our intake.
Some reason why we need salt:
Here is why too much of it is bad:
I’ll be the first to say I’m going to have a very hard time with this challenge, I love salt! I salt everything, before I even taste it.
1. 1. Notice how much sodium is in the foods you eat (read the label).
2. 2. Taste your food before salting it.
3. 3. The fresher the food is the less sodium it has or needs.
4. 4. Use alternative seasoning to give flavor to your food instead of salting too much.
5. 5. Switch to kosher salt, you’ll use less.
6. 6. If you eat foods with higher potassium content, such as orange, banana, mango, cantaloupe, and peas, you’ll excrete more sodium in your urine.
7. 7. Avoid as much processed food as possible; it contains a lot of sodium. Especially avoid canned vegetables, if you are eating canned veggies or canned tune drain and rinse off the salt.
Remember to keep us on your pushups, lunges, jump rope, planks & or jumping jacks!